First Year Retreat
Friday, Oct. 20 6:00pm – Saturday, Oct. 21 6:00pm
Newman Center Catholic Community at UC San Diego
Join us to meet new friends and form a great community! Yes, come and experience the fun, faith, and friendship of the First Year Retreat. There will be talks, group discussion, bonding activities, reflection, and much more. This retreat is for freshman and transfer undergraduate students.
- Meet new friends and experience a community of fun, faith, and friendship.
- Have time to reflect and pray about your hopes and desires for college.
- Meet student leaders, who truly care about you and want to support you in your transition to UCSD.
- Find out what the Newman Catholic Community offers.
What do we do on retreat?
- There will be talks, group discussion, bonding activities, reflection, and much more.
Where is the Newman Center Catholic Community?
Do I have to be Catholic to attend the First Year Retreat?
- No. Although the retreat is based on the Catholic faith, all students are welcome to attend.
What do I need to bring?
- A bath towel
- Toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush, floss, etc.)
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Light jacket
- Sleeping bag or a set of sheets
- Water bottle
Please leave your homework and any other distractions at home.
I’m a grad student, can I attend the First Year Retreat?
- No. This retreat is for undergraduate students only. There will be a retreat for graduate students in the future. Stay tuned.
Whom should I contact if I have more questions?