Come and experience the fun, faith, and friendship of the Student Encounter Retreat! Meet new friends and form a great community! There will be talks, group discussion, bonding activities, reflection, community service, and much more. Space is limited. All undergraduate students are welcome!
When: Friday, October 11, 6:00pm – Saturday, October 12, 9:00pm.
Where: Newman Center at UCSD.
Cost: $10 on or before October 6, $12 thereafter.
Reserve Your Spot: The registration deadline is October 6.
Step 1: Complete sign-up form online or after Sunday Masses.
Step 2: Pay registration fee online, select Pay with Debit or Credit Card, or after Sunday Masses. Pay by cash, check, or credit card (online only).
- Meet new friends and experience a community of fun, faith, and friendship.
- Have time to reflect and pray about your hopes and desires for college.
- Meet student leaders, who truly care about you and want to support you in your college years or transition to UCSD.
- Find out what the Newman Catholic Community offers.
Do I have to be Catholic to attend the Encounter Retreat?
- No. Although the retreat is based on the Catholic faith, all students are welcome to attend.
How much does it cost? Any Scholarships? How can I pay? Are there refunds?
- Fee: $10 on or before October 6, $12 thereafter.
- Payment Methods: Cash, check, or credit card (online only). Pay online now, select Pay with Debit or Credit Card.
- Scholarships: Contact Fr. Manh.
- Refunds: After October 6, all fees are non-refundable. Please contact Fr. Manh if you have any questions.
What do we do on retreat?
- There will be talks, group discussions, bonding activities, reflection, Mass, Adoration, Community Service, and much more.
What do I need to bring?
- A bath towel.
- Toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush, floss, etc.).
- Comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Light jacket.
- Sleeping bag or a set of sheets.
- Water bottle.
Please leave your homework and any other distractions at home.