Friday, January 17, 5:00pm – Sunday, January 19, 6:00pm
Kkottongnae Retreat Camp
“He said to them: ‘It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.’” Acts 1:7
In the rush of every day, consumed in the responsibilities of school and demands of personal life, one can lose touch with their spiritual roots, and themselves. You are invited to the Winter Kairos Retreat to join in a community of loving individuals, all helping each other to see the beauty in each retreatant and in the shared love of Christ Jesus. There will be talks, group discussions, bonding activities, reflection, Mass, Adoration, and much more. Space is limited. All undergraduate students are welcome.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Kairos?
The Kairos Retreat is an off-campus weekend designed for all who are longing for something more. Kairos seeks to offer you a meaningful experience of God’s love and presence for you personally. Regardless of where you are on your faith journey, come as you are. Leave transformed by love.
- Meet new friends and experience a community of fun, faith, and friendship.
- Get away and encounter God through community, prayers, and nature.
- Have time to reflect and explore Jesus’ call to surrender control to him. “He said to them: ‘It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.’” Acts 1:7
When and where will the retreat take place?
- We will gather at the Newman Center on Friday, January 17, 2020 at 5:00pm.
- We will return to the Newman Center on Sunday, January 19, 2020 at 6:00pm.
- Location: Kkottongnae Retreat Camp.
Do I have to be Catholic to attend the Kairos Retreat?
No. Although the retreat is based on the Catholic faith, all students are welcome to attend.
What do I need to bring?
- A bath towel
- Toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush, floss, etc.)
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Winter jacket
- Sleeping bag or a set of sheets
- Water bottle
Please leave your homework and any other distractions at home. Be prepared to get a little dirty!
I’m a grad student, can I attend the Kairos Retreat?
Unfortunately, no. The Kairos Retreat is for undergraduate students only. If you are looking for a retreat for graduate students or young professionals, click here.