Where is God calling you next? Consider taking a gap year to work with one of the following organizations to serve others here and around the world.
Want to service the community while gaining valuable work & life experiences? Consider taking a year after college to serve with one of the following organizations. You will be working with marginalized groups and living in intentional communities with other volunteers. You’ll get the chance to live and work in other parts of the country or the world. There are also opportunities right here in San Diego! Click on the link below or talk to the Newman Staff to find out how you can apply.
- Jesuit Volunteer Corps – The Jesuit Volunteer Corps engages brave young leaders in life-changing service, living and accompanying those in need to build a more just and hopeful world.
- Jesuit Volunteer Corps Northwest – Jesuit Volunteers serve full-time with local organizations throughout the Pacific Northwest while living in community with other program members. Step into an unforgettable year of exploration, reflection, and friendship.
- Red Cloud Volunteer Program – Red Cloud volunteers serve 1-3 years as teachers at Red Cloud Indian School on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota. Volunteers live in intentional communities of 6-10 while committing themselves to doing justice through education, living simply, and growing spiritually.
- Francis Corps – Preach the Gospel. If necessary use words. An experience of Gospel life through a year of Franciscan Service, Intentional Community and Faith Formation!
- Mercy Volunteer Corps – Mercy Volunteer Corps offers professional placements in nine cities across the United States. Mercy Volunteers commit to living a simple lifestyle in community while focusing on compassionate service and spirituality.
- Augustinian Volunteers – The Augustinian Volunteers are recent college graduates who feel called to spend a year in service to others while living in an intentional community. Volunteers serve with local community partners in social service, campus ministry, and education placements. By engaging in a way of life inspired by the Augustinian Friars, volunteers experience personal and spiritual development as they build relationships with fellow volunteers and those they serve. (Opportunities in San Diego)
- Catholic Volunteer Network – Catholic Volunteer Network fosters and promotes full-time domestic and international faith-based volunteer service opportunities for people of all ages, backgrounds, and skills. As the leading membership organization of Christian volunteer and mission programs, we support and enhance the work of our members through volunteer recruitment, training and resources, networking opportunities, and advocacy.